The Ultimate Invisalign Q&A
All your Frequently Asked Questions about Invisalign, answered in one handy post!
Every so often, i.Dental organises Invisalign Day, an open-house type event for anyone and everyone who is considering the Invisalign clear aligner system to fix crooked teeth. Each time, plenty of people join the event to offload their questions in one-on-one consultations with i.Dental’s team of accredited Invisalign providers. While all of them have different conditions, needs, and preferences, their questions, we realised, are pretty similar—and we’ve covered most of them in our stories! So, we decided to Marie-Kondo our site into a single, handy post to make it easier for you to get your questions answered.
Behold the life-changing magic of organisation (aka resource directory)!
Q: I think I’ve heard of Invisalign but I’m not sure what it is…
Well, let’s take it step by step:
- Discover how Invisalign straightens your teeth without anyone knowing
- Get it explained to you by an accredited Invisalign provider
- TL;DR? Get the gist of it summarised in 12 easy hashtags
Now, you’re ready to delve a little deeper:
- Figure out the different types of Invisalign
- Learn if Invisalign Express or Invisalign Lite is a quick-fix option for you
- Know what to expect during your teeth-straightening journey
Q: How can I tell if Invisalign is right for me?
Invisalign has been proven to be able to fix most cases of crooked teeth, even complex ones. It can deliver the same results as braces, but the process is quite different. Cost and lifestyle are the two main considerations for most people.
- Take the Invisalign vs Braces quiz to figure out which is a better lifestyle fit for you.
- Consider if you can deal with the do’s and don’ts of braces
- Get a handle on how much Invisalign and braces would typically cost
- Understand why Invisalign costs more than braces
- Pick up tips to deal with the cost and compliance of Invisalign
Q: Does Invisalign really work?
Invisalign has created new smiles for over six million people around the world. It uses 3D simulation technology to pre-plan every tooth movement until you achieve the results you want. As long as you stay compliant and on course, it’ll work.
- Read about the Invisalign provider who treated himself
- Learn about the 8 things you’re (needlessly) worrying about
Q: I need more advice…
Some of our commonly overheard questions include:
- When’s the best time to get Invisalign?
- Will Invisalign change my face shape?
- Why do post-braces relapses happen and can Invisalign help?
Q: Is Invisalign suitable for teens and children?
There’s a special version of Invisalign, called Invisalign Teen, just for younger patients.
- Find out what’s the right age for children and teens to begin orthodontic treatment
- Understand why Invisalign Teen is a great option for younger patients
- Hear what a dentist has to say about Invisalign Teen
- Download the Invisalign Teen Cheat Sheet for parents and teens
Q: How do I choose the right Invisalign provider?
This is a big question! We’ve covered our recommendations in this three-part guide:
- Part 1: Accreditation Tiers, Reputation, Location, and Hours
- Part 2: Flagship vs Dedicated Invisalign Clinic, Technology, and Training
- Part 3: The 4Cs of a Blue Diamond provider
We hope you now have a better understanding of Invisalign and how it can chase away your toothy woes. It’s always best to seek professional advice from an Invisalign-accredited dentist. When you’re ready for a consultation, this handy list of 15 questions to ask should help you get the conversation started. Good luck!